First post...
Signed up on a whim...I already have a Live Journal and I'm wondering how similar this will be to that.
About me...a frustrated, non-published, so-called writer. I have a hell of a novel which is thisclose to being finished and I waste time (practice writing?) writing steamy fan fiction rather than finish what could be my very first published novel. Why do I do that? Ten years, people. That's how long I've been slaving over that book. I keep telling myself "Just finish it." But for some reason, I haven't.
I think I'm afraid to finish it because then I would have to send it in and have all of my hopes and dreams squashed by the big bad publishing industry. It's so easy to sit back and imagine the potential rather than send in your baby and have it rejected like so much confetti.
I'm also a mother of two, and a (gasp!) grandmother...EEK!!! I'm waaay too young to be a grandma, and I've already told my kids off for doing this to me. But the babies are soo cute, so, how can I stay angry?
I have three cats. Yes, I'm one of those people. I have a calico/gray tabby called Kira (after Kira Nerys from DS9) and two tuxedo cat kittens called Pippin and Merry from LOTR.
I enjoy Star Trek in all of its incarnations except the most recent, which I haven't watched since the first episode turned me off because of the way the captain treated the Vulcan woman.
I like fantasy, LOTR and Harry Potter especially. And if those two things seem at odds, well I don't think they are.
I guess that's a good beginning.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home